Director: Josselyn Gulbrandson
Who: Actors in Grade 2th-8th
When: Sunday, January 21st 1:00-8:00 pm. Your entire audition will take about 20 minutes. Callbacks (for those requested) will be Thursday, January 25th at 6:00 pm.
Where: Mosaic Church, 894 OH-28, Milford, OH 45150
What to prepare:
- Song: Be prepared to perform 32 measures (no longer than 1 minute) of any song that highlights your voice. This should be a musical theater type song. You should sing with karaoke-type music (no vocals) downloaded on your phone or other device. There will not be an accompanist. No acapella auditions please.
- Monologue: Please bring a monologue of your own choosing that can be up to 45 seconds. Please use a published monologue and do not perform more than one character.
We are excited that you have chosen to audition with Milford Youth Theater. Things you need to do before auditions:
1) Please read the Audition Letter
2) Sign up in Sign up Genius for one audition time slot
3) Complete the Conflicts form.
4) Print and Complete the Audition form
5) Bring completed Audition Form to your audition with a current picture attached. Make sure your child’s current height is listed on the audition form.
Photo: Bring a recent photo that looks like you, that you do not need returned. No need for professional photos, it is merely to help the casting board recall who is who.
Video: If you have a conflict with the audition date, you may submit a video audition. You will need to complete both the Casting Form AND the Audition Form. A headshot/recent photo needs to be included in the email with your video. Please create a google folder labeled with your child’s name and share the folder to Milfordyouththeater@gmail.com. The audition video, form and photo MUST be received by January 18th at 5:00 PM. Videos received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Arrive 10 minutes prior to your audition time slot and come directly to the registration desk.
Auditions are listed in 20-minute increments. Six actors will be called in to audition. They will line up in the room together and will perform one-at-a-time.
You are able to leave immediately after your audition is complete.
You may not redo your audition. You may leave after your audition is complete.
SIGN UP GENIUS
Cast list will be posted by January 26th.
Rehearsals will begin the week of Feb 4th, and will be Mondays and Thursdays 6:00-8:00pm and Sundays 3:00-5:00pm. Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal. We will provide a calendar (google sheet) detailing who needs to attend which rehearsals.
All rehearsals and performances will be held at Mosaic Church.
Performances will be May 10th & 11th at Mosaic Church. All rehearsals will be held at Mosaic Church.